Fall 2022 Edition
September 12 2022 — September 16 2022
Sloat holds a huge Scholastic Book Fair during the week of Back to School Night each Fall and again in the Spring during the Open House event. The Book Fair is extremely popular with the kids. Each class visits the book fair during school hours, and each child makes a wish list of books they hope their parents/guardians will let them buy. Teachers also make a wish list so students and parents can add to their classroom libraries.
Our Fall Book Fair is taking place this week in the Commodore Sloat Library. The fair will be open for sales during the following hours:
- Monday Sept. 12 | 2:45pm – 4pm
- Tuesday Sept. 13 | 2:45pm – 6pm
- Tuesday Sept 13 | 6pm – 8pm | Family Book Fair Night! Kids and parents are all welcome to come back to school to buy books, drink hot cocoa or mocktails, and visit with other parents and students. The Girl Scouts will set up a craft table for making origami bookmarks.
- Wednesday Sept. 14 | 8:15am – 9am & 1:30pm – 4pm
- Thursday Sept 15 | 8:15am – 9am & 2:45pm – 6pm
- Friday Sept 16 | 2:45pm – 6pm
The Book Fair will also be open for 4th & 5th grade during lunch on Thursday Sept 15 (4th grade) and Friday Sept 16 (5th grade)
If you’d like to volunteer, please sign up via ParentSquare at this link: https://www.
In-person payments accepted include cash, credit, and Apple Pay.
A concurrent Online Book Fair will take place Sept 12-25 for those who can’t come in person. The online book fair can be found at https://bookfairs.
See you at the Fair!
The Book Fair is an important fundraiser that directly supports Sloat’s library, keeping our shelves full of quality books of all genres as well as tech equipment and supplies.
The PCO invites each and every one of you to attend our yearly events, which help build and strengthen our school community at Sloat. Please consider also volunteering and helping us make them extraordinary. If you want to know who is in charge of an event, to ask questions, or volunteer to help please send an e-mail to [email protected].