Parents’ Club Organization (PCO)
Some schools have a PTA or a PTSA. Sloat has a PCO. We have the same mission as any PTA: To support the students and the school in order to make every child’s education successful and enriching. The primary difference between PTA and PCO is that we do not belong to the state PTA. At Sloat, you become a member of the PCO simply by having a child at Sloat; you do not have to pay a membership fee. Our goals are to:
- To promote the care and protection of children in our school and community.
- To bring into closer relation the home, school and community so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education and safeguarding of the child.
- To investigate curricular and extracurricular enrichment programs for the school in all areas.
- To secure funding for any program or equipment, not provided by the San Francisco Unified School District, as deemed necessary or desirable by the members of this organization.
- To support classroom and school.
The Sloat PCO is run by Sloat Principal Fowzigiah Abdolcader, by a parent board of directors, and by several teacher representatives. They meet the second Thursday of the month at 6:15 p.m. in the teachers’ lounge, and anyone who is interested may attend. Meeting minutes are posted on the bulletin board just inside the front door of the school, and also here on the web site.
2021-2022 PARENTS’ CLUB ORGANIZATION EXECUTIVE BOARD